UNIT B (GRADES 3 & 4)
- The 3rd and 4th grade students are completing the final unit, "Celebrating and Serving."
- The aim is to help the students appreciate how the Church's celebration of Reconciliation and Eucharist fulfills our needs for forgiveness and unity.
- The third grade students are completing Unit 6 Imagination Kids.
- Through their reading the students will have opportunities to use their imaginations.
- The skills covered are steps-in-a-process, setting, visualizing, plot, and realism and fantasy.
- The fourth grade students are finishing Unit 6 Express Yourself.
- Visualizing, steps-in-a-process, fact and opinion, main idea, and author's purpose will be studied.
- Research reports are being finalized for their oral presentations.
- 3rd and 4th graders are increasing their knowledge of multiplication and division and finishing the year exploring statistics and probability .
- Reviewing all basic facts at home is very beneficial throughout the entire year.
Each class is doing different hands-on activities using the FOSS kit centered around their particular theme:
- Earth Materials (Mrs. Heddinger's class)
- Bones and Muscles of the Human Body (Ms. Wilkins' class)
- Structures of Life (Mrs. Leland's class)
- Measurement (Mrs. Dorrance's class)
- We are continuing our study of the regions of the United States by discussing the 5 themes of geography while looking at the Western states.
- The students are enjoying the challenge of learning the states and capitals and the placement of each state on a blank map.
- We finish the year with a big test over everything covered and state reports .
- Students are learning to accept responsibility for doing their own work in order to learn.
- Each child sets self improvement goals and develops and follows a plan to accomplish them.
- We continue investigating the elements of art with perspective and balance.
- We combine what we have learned already about line, shape, and color to create original art projects.
- Preparations for the Arts Festival are underway.
- Wed., May 5th, 8:30 AM: All School Volunteer Appreciation Mass -- planned by Ms. Wilkins' class
- Thurs., May 13th: Marion Fire Dept. to speak to 3rd graders about summer safety
- Thurs., May 13th: "Kids on the Block" for 3rd grade
- Fri., May 14th, 6:00 PM: Arts Festival
- Wed., May 19th: All day rehearsal for band concert at Coe College
- Fri., May 21st, 7:00 PM: Charger Bands Spring Concert at Coe College
- Wed., May 26th, 8:30 AM: Unit B Liturgy planned by Mrs. Leland's class
- Tues., June 1st, 8:30 AM: All School Mass in honor of the 8th grade -- planned by the 7th grade (Miss Kordick)
- Thurs., June 3rd, 8:30 AM: All School Mass planned by the kindergarten and Last Day of School
Mrs. Michele Dorrance
Mrs. Laurie Heddinger
Mrs. Abby Leland
Ms. Regina Wilkins
Big Enough to Learn, Small Enough to Care,
Faith Filled Future
Last updated 5/07/04