St. Matthew School
125 24th St. NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Principal: Joe Wolf
St. Matthew (Project Coordination Committee) PCC
The committee has met six times and has set up a meeting schedule through the end of the year for two meetings a month. The following list highlights the work they have accomplished to date:
- Completed walk-throughs of all buildings on the St. Matthew campus to develop list of needs.
- Met with Fr. Don Klein to seek guidance and ideas from St. Pius X’s renovation and building campaign.
- Met with Sr. Mary Kay Panowicz, a litigurical consultant, for her input on changes needed in the church.
- Developed a structure for a Building Project Committee, with membership to be determined shortly.
- Developed a case statement, which will be finalized after the Parish Information Sessions (see below).
- Conducting demographic studies of the membership of St. Matthew Parish, school and CARE programs.
- Visited area churches that recently underwent renovation or new building projects.
- Conducting interviews with architectural firms.